I'm committing to buy only Made in the USA products for an entire year - or explain why I didn't. Follow my progress by following my blog - and join me if you like. Let's work to put America back to work!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Grocery shopping trip

This was a trip!~!

It's not actually April 1 yet, but I think I did pretty good - I have to admit shopping at Roots Market http://rootsmkt.com/ does make grocery shopping a bit easier - Roots is committed to providing local products - but not everything they have is local or made in USA -- although at least what they do import is fair trade.  I didn't buy fresh blueberries because they were from Chile - instead I got frozen blueberries (wild) from Maine!  I managed to find yogurt - but the brand made in New York which I bought only had two flavors so I stocked up on plain yogurt and decided to try my hand at using my raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries to flavor my own -- we'll see how it works!

So here's my list of buys -- I've included a few web links for some of the products as well!  

Fresh Organic Raspberries and Blackberries -- from California
Frozen Organic Blueberries and Raspberries -- from Maine
Organic Baby Carrots -- California
Organic Cucumber - California
Equal Exchange Fair Trade Organic Bananas - (ok not USA, but hard to find US Bananas -- http://smallfarmersbigchange.coop/2009/06/10/dilemmas-of-a-fair-trade-banana-enthusiast/)
Organic Kiwi -- California
Organic Radishes -- California
Hydroponic Heirloom Tomatoes - Maryland
Woodstock Farms Dried Green Beans & Carrots - Connecticut
Trickling Milk - Maryland
Siggis Yogurt - New York
Provolone Cheese - Maryland
Blue Cheese- Oregon
Sirloin (Beef) -- Maryland
Pork Chops - Maryland
Salami, Coppa, Soppressata -- New Jersey
7 Grain Bread - Maryland
LateJuly Crackers - Massachusetts - http://www.shoplatejuly.com/
Salsa - Maryland
Napa Valley Champagne Vinegar - California
Lara Bars - Colorado
Oregon Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment