I'm committing to buy only Made in the USA products for an entire year - or explain why I didn't. Follow my progress by following my blog - and join me if you like. Let's work to put America back to work!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day One = April 1st

After spending more than 3 hours on the internet yesterday trying to find affordable, green, USA made bedding I decided to challenge myself to becoming more aware of what I buy, so beginning April 1, 2011 I am going to start a challenge to only buy USA made products for an entire year or explain why I am not.  So I figured I'd start this blog to track my progress and keep myself honest.

Hopefully I can provide some good information to others about quality USA made products in the process.

I'm starting the challenge on April 1st to give myself time to do some research and take an inventory of the things I use everyday and figure out where they are made.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a really interesting idea. I bet you will have a real challenge...I have tried often to keep my purchases local or at least buy from somewhere besides China since they have unfair trade practices. It's not easy. I hope I see some tips on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - I plan to keep track of everything I buy -- it's not easy - I've already found that it takes a lot longer to check every product -- I was amazed how many of our food products are not made in the US --

    And don't even get me started on paper products -- It makes me so angry that I have to check packages of toilet paper to find something made in the USA --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley - I just found this great website that has over 12,000 products made in the USA! Along the left hand side you can filter down the products.

    http://www.bellacor.com/made-in-usa.htm

    Happy Shopping,
    Shelly (the one lacking the extra "e" :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Black Swan -- that's awesome -

    ReplyDelete