I'm committing to buy only Made in the USA products for an entire year - or explain why I didn't. Follow my progress by following my blog - and join me if you like. Let's work to put America back to work!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Crest Toothpaste

Checked my toothpaste - Crest Pro Health - all the tube says is "distributed by Proctor &Gamble, Cincinnati, Ohio" so I emailed Crest to ask them where the toothpaste is made - This is the response I received:


Hello Shelley,

Thanks for contacting Crest. 

Crest toothpaste is manufactured in North America, the majority at our facility in Greensboro, North Carolina.  The only versions of Crest Toothpaste that are not made in Greensboro, NC are the Neat Squeeze Tubes and the 6.2 oz Crest Plus Scope Minty Fresh Striped Toothpaste, both of which are made in Mexico City, Mexico.  Crest Cavity Protection is also manufactured in Toronto, Canada.

Please be assured, Crest toothpaste is safe when used as directed.  All Crest products go through rigorous scientific evaluations before going to market, and are continually monitored for safety once available to the public.  For more information about this issue, please visit www.pg.com.

Whenever a tube of Crest toothpaste is made outside of the U.S. it will specifically say on the packaging what country it was made in.

Thanks again for writing.

Drew
Crest Team

4 comments:

  1. The P&G and Colgate Pamolive should stop the bull. If they publish clearly on the package where the product is made, then we would not be looking to the Web for the info. One other thing, Made in North America does not cut it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Crest because I understood all their toothpaste was manufactured in the USA. Now I discover some selections are manufactured in Mexico? Looking for a USA brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day to you! Where is Crest Toothpaste manufactured lot6203GA Ex June 2019 Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Fresh Mint 2.9oz. Marked Distributed by P and G. Sold at the Dollar Tree Store,

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should clearly state where the country of manufacture is located on the box or tube and quit trying to skirt around the issue.

    ReplyDelete